My new speciality : Vegetable salad (and how it helps me write music)




Yet again, another off shoot from my Facebook. I just decided to make this for myself on the weekend as part of my Saturday afternoon ritual & I have been perfecting it over the months. After I saw all the likes and comments(especially from the Ladies) I figure I would share it. I never thought that the old saying would now have people going around saying "the way to a Woman's heart is through Her Stomach". Putting some thought into this, I think that cooking is a good practice for musicians to explore. I have noticed it is similar to songwriting(well for me anyway). I have found recipes online and followed them to a tee,much like my ideas on how I envision a song I am in the process of writing to sound when the recording is finalized. However, after making a dish a few times, I end up adding, altering or taking out something to my liking. Much like I do when honing a song from an idea on paper,to a demo & into a finished song.

This time of year many people end up packing on the pounds. Sometimes its hard to realize what causes us to lose the weight. The cold weather makes many people to get seasonal depression and therefore they lack the motivation to exercise due to this or other reasons and therefore don't take off the pounds caused by the Holiday gorging.

This dish is primarily made of vegetables, So anyone can enjoy it(unless they are on the Atkins or South Beach diets). I take penne pasta & boil it, then I add Chick peas as my main required vegetable, and whatever vegetables I have. Sometimes carrots, or string beans,corn, kidney beans,etc. Lately, I have been steaming the vegetables with Worcestershire sauce*. But, there are other ways you can add flavoring maybe make it like a "summer salad" using mayonnaise and ground pepper(in the pic below I think I actually put some Mrs. Dash on it because I had that and not pepper) or even adding some vinegar. Anyway you choose, I hope it comes out to your liking and feel free to let me know what little spin you put on this if any.

And now if will excuse me I'm gonna go and scour the kitchen to hopefully find all the stuff I need to make this, wish me luck. More recipes coming soon (I promise), Have a good weekend-Nate
*Most Worcestershire sauce does contains anchiove, this is a vegan style Sauce Annie's Organic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny thing happened at a Red light

The Big Empty

Can I play with Madness?