The Magic of Summer
How's it going everyone? With so much going on these past few months I was trying to think of a good title to describe everything that has been happening. First off I would like to mention that Ryan Starr, the artist who helped inspired my last post Sailing On will be performing soon with my friend Jimmy Gnecco. At the last venue I saw him perform at the Silver Lining Lounge in NYC. Not really something i can attribute to the magic of Summer, but still a nice coincidence. If you're in the area I recommend coming down to on August 14th. Here's a few pics from that show including one of Jimmy with Scott Lipps, Des Roc and Matt Sorum.






If you have ever read any of my posts you know where I am going with this. However, I will try and focus on the Magic that is the season of Summer overall. It's crazy to think that we are already in August. But I will try to set a different tone than i've done with other Summer posts like There's a song for any occasion for example. Some people might be surprised that this time of year is one of my favorites. Maybe it's because it is around my Birthday, maybe it's because of what the summer used to mean to me when I was younger. Freedom. No school, possibilities to explore, going to camp, and more. Yes that was a long time ago (I already said how old am I once, and that's enough. Go look if you're that curious) but some feelings never leave us. The warm weather just kinda brings me back to that time, like magic. Young or old, the summer is a great time for everyone. Think about all the summer concerts, festivals and other events. Not to mention 4th of July. There truly is something magical about Summer.
Magic
I know not everyone believes in magic. But those who do, know they have to truly believe in what they are hoping for in order for it to be their reality. Much like prayers, You charge it with your own personal power that you are sending out. I know it sounds a bit preachy, but I feel that these days people need to be reminded of the power they really have since much of it has been taken away form us in these past few years. Speaking of magic, We had the opportunity to once again perform at Witchsfest USA. The Energy that day was very intense. Well, you can see for yourself here:




It was so great performing. See all those people out there. And meeting new ones. We got to perform alongside other great bands like Lala Suarez and Dark Moon Spirit. But it truly is that magic of Summer that brought us together. And hopefully some budding romances happened due to it as well. Much like the song that helped inspire this entry by "the Cars". Sometimes you see someone and it just hits you like magic.It can't be described, but those who experience it, know exactly what I mean.
Well, I think that is enough for now. I hope you all enjoyed this and that it encourages you to look for more things to do this summer. Even if it's a simple walk outside, you don't know where it could lead you. Thanks again for reading, until next time. Be well,
Comments
Post a Comment